Welcome to Tiny Table Cooks… – a failsafe stash of recipes set to keep you and your family fed. We’ve teamed up with some of the country’s best cooks, bakers and foodies to bring you some tasty inspo, store cupboard saviours and freezable feasts.
Meet Niki Webster AKA Rebel Recipes. Her blog Rebel Recipes, started in 2015, is all about non-conformity. There are unwritten rules that say indulgent food is bad for you and healthy food is boring. As a passionate foodie, she refuses to accept that this has to be the case. Focusing on primarily vegan recipes, Niki mostly shares dishes which are naturally gluten-free refined sugar-free but full of vibrancy and flavour. With recipes not overly complicated so they are as accessible as possible, Niki hopes she can inspire you to love to cook as much as she does, with her easy, delicious and nutritious dishes.
Rebel Recipes Oat Choc Chip Breakfast Cookies
200g medjool dates pitted or dates soaked to soften for a few hrs
3 small ripe bananas or 2 large
3 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
Pinch sea salt flakes
1 tsp baking powder
75g ground almonds
150g organic Flahavans porridge oats
4 tbsp chopped nuts
3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
1. Pre heat you oven to 180c
2. Pop the dates, banana & nut butter into your food processor or high speed blender and blitz until you get a paste.
3. Next add in the vanilla, cinnamon, mixed spice, salt, baking powder. Blitz again for a minute or so.
4. Add in the oats and ground almonds and pulse so that everything is combined.
5. Finally add in the cacao nips and chopped nuts and pulse a couple of times to mix through.
6. Grease your baking tray with a little coconut oil then either wet your hands before scooping up the mix with your hands, roll into a ball then place on the baking tray.
7. Continue until you have used all the mix. Flaten the cookies a little then bake for 18 minutes
8. Top with more nuts and cacao nips – press in a little.
9. Allow to cool a little before eating – if you can!
We’d love to see your dish snaps – upload to Instagram and tag @tinytableofficial alongside the hashtag #tinytablecooks