Welcome to Tiny Table Cooks… – a failsafe stash of recipes set to keep you and your family fed. We’ve teamed up with some of the country’s best cooks, bakers and foodies to bring you some tasty inspo, store cupboard saviours and freezable feasts.
Hailed at ‘The Queen of baked goods’ by the ES Magazine we were thrilled when Lily Vanilli said she would share some her favourite recipes for Tiny Table Cooks. Renowned for her pioneering cake designs, quality baking and market leading innovation. Her Sunday cafe on Columbia Road has been packed with queues since it opened in 2010 and she recently opened her second store in Tbilisi, Georgia. She is the author of three best selling recipe books including Sweet Tooth, A Zombie ate my Cupcake and 2018’s #BakeForSyria which went straight to number one on Amazon, with all proceeds going to support children displaced by the war in Syria.
Lily Vanilli’s Delicious Deep-Filled Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A few words from Lily… These Delicious Deep-Filled Vegan chocolate chip cookies, filled with vegan salted caramel, made with Billington’s Dark Muscovado Sugar are wonderfully gooey with an oozing centre which pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee and Billington’s Barista Range.
420g Billington’s Dark Muscavado sugar
225ml Vegetable or olive oil
500g Plain flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1.5 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Salt (preferably good, flaked sea salt)
125g Dark chocolate chips
You will need: a cupcake or muffin pan, well greased.
Note – make the caramel at least 2 hours ahead of the cookies, it will thicken up with time in the fridge, it keeps well sealed airtight in the fridge for a week.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c
2. Mix together the oil, water and sugar until they are nice and evenly mixed
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and the chocolate chips evenly, so the chips are nicely coated in the flour mix.
4. Stir the dry mix into the oil mix, so its really evenly mixed and nice and smooth.
5. Grease your cupcake or muffin pan really well, all the way to the top.
6. Now scoop in some of the mixture so it fills the base of the muffin pan. Then spoon in some of the vegan caramel (see recipe here), then scoop some more of the batter on top.
7. Sprinkle the top of the cookie with some more salt if you like.
8. Then bake for 16-18min – they should still be chewy and a bit soft – don’t over bake them!
We’d love to see your baking brilliance – upload your cookie snaps to Instagram and tag @tinytableofficial alongside the hashtag #tinytablecooks